Monday, September 5, 2011

Update

Wow. Long time no blog, huh? I can't even give an excuse and say this summer has been so busy, because it actually WASN'T that busy. We spent a lot of time hanging around the house and adjusting to being a family of four. With a baby on an ever evolving nap schedule it was hard to really make plans, so we usually ended up spending our days reading books and riding the big wheel. I was so lazy, I didn't even use the "real camera" to take pictures, but whipped out the phone whenever I needed a pic. Here are some random phone pictures from the last month.

We did take a break from our slow days to take a weekend trip to the farm in VA. Here are Ben and his (2nd) cousin Logan.


Ever since he was a tiny baby, Abe has LOVED to have his hair blow in the wind. One of his favorite things to do is crawl over to the air conditioning vent and enjoy the breeze!


Ben and Joel visited the beach to watch the waves the day before Hurricane Irene blew in. Ben COULD. NOT. understand why he wasn't allowed to swim, and promptly jumped belly first into the water. I think this picture was taken right before that incident. He looks pretty mischevious:)


My two little helpers. I've recently started giving Ben his own chores around the house. Besides being in charge of picking up his toys and putting away his laundry, his job is to unload the silverware from the dishwasher. Sometimes it's SOOOOO frustrating because I could unload it in half the time, but I think it's important for him to understand that we all have to help out. Sometimes he wants to do these things, and sometimes he hates it. The other day he told me he was "too busy" to unload the silverware. I guess he was too busy climbing on the couch and throwing the pillows on the floor! He eventually acquiesced.

Abe is completely obsessed with the dishwasher. The other evening he was happily playing with some toys on the floor of the kitchen when I opened the door of the dishwasher. I heard the LOUDEST crash and turned around thinking, "what in the world..." and saw that Abe had literally thrown his toys on the floor, and was crawling towards the dishwasher as fast as he could. The flair for the dramatic is what was so funny. Like he couldn't just think, "oooh, the dishwasher. That looks like fun." He had to be like "DISHWASHER!!!!! WAIT! WAIT! DON'T CLOSE IT! NOOOOOOOOO!" Ben loved the dishwasher also, (I think most babies do) but I don't think he LOVED it like Abe. Silly boy.

I'll be back soon, (really, I will) with more pictures and updates. Ben started 3 year preschool last week, and Abe will be 10 months tomorrow! So much is happening with our family right now and I need to be better about documenting it. I'm slowly coming out of my post-baby fog and starting to recover some of my pre-baby energy. See you soon!

No comments: