Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

We didn't do anything big for Easter this year. We went to church in the morning, and and actually made it to the 8:30 service. I quickly realized that getting everyone out the door to the early service was a BIG MISTAKE once I looked at the program and saw that there is no children's church at that time. Ben is pretty good at sitting still, but not for an entire hour when TV isn't involved. He participated a little, and colored a little, and played with some stickers, and started to get really restless until I had an "aha" moment and hissed "There are donuts upstairs and you can have one after church, but ONLY if you are quiet." Yes, I know. I am an awesome parent. But it worked! Well, until the very end when we were standing a listening the choir sing The Hallelujah Chorus and Ben LOUDLY asked, "Can I have my donut now?" And then proceeded to ask several more times until church was over. But we won't count that.

Afterwards we had quiche and strawberries, and hunted for Easter eggs. This was Ben's fourth egg hunt this year, and he was totally OVER IT. Totally. Since he is such a pro at this point, he found all of the eggs in about 5 minutes flat, immediately dumped them on the patio and started tearing them apart looking for treats. The real eggs that he had had so much fun dyeing were NOT as much fun when he realized they didn't magically turn into chocolate eggs overnight. Abe found 2 eggs, and then spent the rest of the time playing.

  
After the egg hunt I tried to get some pictures of the boys in their Easter outfits. Even now, as I enter my fourth year of parenthood, I forget that if you want pictures of your kids in their dress clothes you'd better do it immediately. If you look closely you can see dirt stains on their pants and sweaters. In fact, right after these pictures were taken Ben decided to make a mud puddle and have he and Abe stomp in it while my back was turned. Hello Oxyclean!
 
 
 
Tomorrow there is a little boy in my house who is turning 4!! I would like to just sit and cry meditate on that fact for a while, but I still have a cake to bake and a present to wrap.  While I'm busy with that, you might be entertained by seeing what happens when I ask Joel to take a nice picture of me and the boys.
 



































No comments: